Tuesday, September 15

long time, no post.

Sorry for the long time between posts.  I guess I have been busy living life.  So, what's been going on?  Gigging mainly.  This year has been one of the busiest in recent memory in terms of sheer volume of work, which is good.  Since Beth is in school full time I need to accept as much work as possible to get us through the next couple of years.

I got some more gear.  I know, surprise, surprise.  I know, dear reader, that you find it hard to believe that I would get more stuff, but here's the short list off top of my head.

Antelope Audio Zen studio- this is an audio interface with 12 remote controlled mic preamps and 8 more converters to track a small session independently.  The preamps sound great, it's a big step up from my motu traveler, which was getting long in the tooth and is now doing duty as a midi interface.

Blue Kiwi microphone.  I traded my friend Mark some store credit at sweetwater sound for this mic. It's got multiple patterns (omni, cardioid, figure 8) and has really great detail.

RE-20, MD421, EV329, my friend Leon was looking to sell these so he gave me a great deal on a package.  The RE20 is a broadcast mic, good for voice over work, horns, bass cabs, all around nice general purpose mic.  The 421 is also in the same flavor category, warm, dynamic, multipurpose mic. The EV mics is a kick drum mic and I honestly haven't fooled with it much.

Anyway, I'll check back in soon.  Writing the blog is a bit cathartic.

No comments:

Post a Comment