Friday, January 23

An open letter to the White House blog team

I would ask that you guys update your blog regularly reflecting the policy decisions that you have made, as a good faith reflection of the Presidents proclamation regarding openness. I understand that this is a busy time for everyone on the White House team, but I feel that you guys can automatically update the content of your RSS feed to include the policy decisions that are coming down everyday. I also feel that including links to streams of press conferences and C-SPAN would be great!

As a side note, Slashdot.org recently posted an article suggesting ways that the White House web site could be streamlined. While I am not a webmaster, I have forwarded the link to you, as it notes several ways to decrease bandwidth usage on this site and thought it may be of interest.

http://dotnetperls.com/Content/whitehouse-gov-Site.aspx

Thanks for your time,
Chris Bloch

I sent this letter to comments@whitehouse.gov and also through a web submission form on the White House Site. With all the media and headlines being produced, I think it should be agreggated in a timely manner, which hasn't happened (yet) hopefully.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/




No comments:

Post a Comment