Friday, February 29

a list of random stuff

A lots been going on:

I just woke up from a bad dread about Aunt Betty. I have been having them for two nights in a row, and it just scares the bejesus out of me. I hope she is really ok. If you are reading this, know I am thinking about you. A LOT. Don't do anything I wouldn't do, like run the New York City Marathon.

Clayton is having a boy named Clayton Rigby Bloch. He says that he really likes his new job, working as a computer tech. I think he is learning a lot of new info. Congrats to Clayton!

I got a new gig working for BTE (Better Than Ezra, for those of you not in the know). I have been only been hired for a few shows at this time, but here's to hoping that this relationship will work out. I am super-excited to be working for such a group of talented musicians, working with people that I know and like, and doing something that I love.

Beth and I are taking our Buddy (TM) Ben Wisdom camping this weekend. We are hopefully going to Tickfaw state park, but we have been unable to reserve a campsite, because the state of Louisiana is retooling their reservations system, so campsites can only be reserved day of check in right now.

I went to the ENT yesterday, and also the audiologist. The ENT said that I had some sort of serious infection. I have fluid behind my ears, and apparently I have had it for quite a while, and it has negatively affected my hearing. Before I even left the doctors office, I subjected myself to two shots in the hip. The doctor said that if I wasn't better in ten to fourteen days then I would need to get tubes put in my ears. SCARY, but if it improves my hearing at all, and makes me feel any better, I am game.

I went to pick up prescriptions drugs, then I went to the audiologist. An audiologist tests hearing and makes fittings for hearing aids. I am not getting hearing aids exactly, but I am getting custom sleeves for my fancy in ear monitors, so that they fit the contours of my ear canal exactly.

Sister Maggie is leaving for Tokyo tomorrow with Amelia and Vivi. We will miss them, but I guess now we just have to suck it up and take a 15 hour plane ride to visit and eat good sushi!

No comments:

Post a Comment