Friday, August 25

New Dominion School

So I spent two years of my life after college working outdoors with emotionally disturbed teenage girls. Quite a different life from beer drinking and writing Philosophy papers. However, it was one of the most rewarding and essential experiences of my life. In fact, I don't think Chris would have married me if I had not worked there. I grew a ton at New Dominion along with the girls who attended this program. We spent many days saw, splitting and stacking wood, hiking sections of the AT and of course the best work project of all, retrenching campsite trails.
Most of my friends and few family members don't really know what the school encompasses. So I am adding a link here for those interested. I cannot really explain the school and I don't think the pictures do justice to the program. If you really want to find out more, I suggest you put a few beers in me and I will start reminiscing about the school. Link contains both information about girls and boys school. This website is better than the Three Springs one.
Here's the link New Dominion

No comments:

Post a Comment