Sunday, April 22

42

We finished the European leg of the Evanescence tour in London, which was bittersweet.  It's always a little sad to say goodbye to friends( new and old) and work colleagues after a show because in all likelihood that particular configuration of people won't ever exist again.   Hopefully I will see everyone "down the road".
I had a chance to catch up with my old friend Wayne Davis in London.  Wayne is one of my oldest friends from the New Orleans production community.  He hired me to work with him at Pyramid Audio right after Hurricane Katrina.  Wayne is working for a band called Arcade Fire right now, and it was fun to pick Wayne's brain about all the cool production elements that their show uses.
I also got to visit Highgate cemetery, where Karl Marx, Alexander Litvinenko, and Douglas Adams are buried.  Being a huge Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Fan I had to take a picture of Mr Adam's grave.  I was very happy someone put the number 42 there, which is "The Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything"!


After spending several days off in London, I took the Channel Tunnel to Paris to meet Beth for a little more R&R.  She booked us into a place right on the Seine, overlooking the Louvre, and the Place Du Concorde, which is where Marie Antoinette was executed.  Anyway, to make a long story short:  Our room number was 42!  We didn't request the number, the universe just gave it to us!  Here's a picture of my tour luggage ID (also 42) with the key from the Hotel (42!).  This old fashioned key definitely fit the hotel, which was a fun, if somewhat cramped experience.   C'est La Vie!

 
We spent some time in Paris, went to the Eiffel Tower, etc.  and then enjoyed several days in Berlin.  A highlight of the Berlin portion was going to the Berlin Philharmonic.   They were fantastic!

Today we fly back to Louisiana and I start working to at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival until May 6.



No comments:

Post a Comment