Wednesday, June 8

blog has been neglected

What with facebook and twitter, this blog has been majorly neglected.  Poor blog, bloggy-blog.

So what have I been up to?

Professionally:

I've been mixing front of house for the Preservation Hall Jazz Band and the Del McCoury Band.  We've done about 12 dates so far in support of their new album:  American Legacies.  It's a great record, and I'm honored to be working with two talented bands that I actually enjoy listening to!

I did a 2 week run doing monitors for ABBA: The Concert, which is basically a tribute band with members of the original ABBA band.  We did a couple of symphony gigs, which was interesting and a new experience for me.

I've of course been doing corporate sales meetings, which have given me a chance to rest up, and also hone my craft on the corporate/ industrial side of things.

Personally:

Beth and I have been working around the house.  Well, I should say that mainly Beth has been cleaning and organizing the house., but I've been able to chip in here and there.

We have planted a garden, but its currently a point of contention with our neighbor.  Technically, the land is his, but it's literally a two foot strip on the side of our house between our sidewalk and his driveway.  I hope we resolve this soon, as he did give us permission when we planted, and we've put a lot of work into the garden.

We're preparing to paint the house in July!  Beth and I will paint ourselves, as we have both done house painting before.

Also, we got cable, so as to not miss another episode of David Simon's fine show, Treme.

No comments:

Post a Comment