Friday, January 12

Houston we have a problem (not really)

I am sitting in Houston, waiting to board my plane to Orlando, and it is really overcast. On top of that, the plane is late! Actually, I am not really upset by this. I am sitting in a cozy lounge (my buddy is a member, because he is a much more than frequent flyer) and I have free wireless. What more could one want?

I am hoping that today will be a good day. I really didn't want to get out of bed, and am still not sure if I brought my multitool, but I brought enough parts and pieces (ratcheting bit driver, bits, blunt nosed plyers, multimeter) that I should be able to do without it.

A list of items Chris has brought for his 2 week journey:

Clothes:
16 pairs of underwear
16 pairs of socks
8 t shirts
8 black shirts (some button down, some regular polo)
7 pairs of black pants (including 2 pairs purchased by Beth last night while we were at K-mart
2 pairs of blue jeans
black reebok tennis shoes
belt (2: 1 brown, 1 black)

Toiletries (soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, razor with new cartridges, q-tips, generic ibuprofen, multivitamins, electric shaver, teensy bottle of conditioner)

Pita (Beth suggested this, as it is harder to squish in a suitcase) Peanut Butter, Jelly, Portable hard drive, phone charger, tools

(These items were packed in my new llbean bag that Beth gave me for Christmas.)

Backpack:
BookofCommonPrayer/Bible Combo book (given to me by my grandparents when I was confirmed)
Cubase 4 operations manual
Trashy sci-fi novel (I don't even remember the name, but so far the premise seems to be that there are Aliens that have landed on Earth.)
Half charged batteries
Flashlight
Patagonia jacket (Beth got it for me when I went to Colorado, notice a pattern here?)
Log Book (a notebook used to calculate times and write down job specific stuff)
A filofax datebook (Beth, and a replacement for an earlier one)
Sharpies
Headphone

Laptop Bag:
Dell Inspiron E1505
Motu Traveler
Cubase licensing dongle
Power supplies and cabling for said hardware
1 x 8 channel 1/4" - 1/4" hosa recording snake (this came from Blochsound a long time ago)

It's a lot of stuff, for sure, but I am really grateful for all of these nice things that make my life easier. Thanks everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment