Thursday, December 27

The Lion and the Lamb


Desmond and Molly actually lying down together! This is a first, and I hope there is more of their interspecies cooperation in the future.

Things I did today:

Made Peanut Butter Fudge
Dropped off Aunt Betty's Car
Drop shipped Clayton some really excellent ramen from the Hong Kong grocery store.

Hong Kong grocery has different brands of Ramen that us westerners just don't know about. I hope he likes them, because they are my absolute favorite. Some examples of ramen flavors would be:
Kim Chi (fermented spicy cabbage)
onion chicken
Vegetable curry
Tom Yum (shrimp)
and many, many others.











I made Peanut Butter Fudge today, from my grandfather's recipe, which my Aunt Ann gave me, along with the peanut butter, candy thermometer, and cooling pan

PBF

2 cups of sugar
1 small jar of Peanut Butter (I took this to mean about 4 large hunks from a big jar)
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/4 stick of butter
2/3 cup liquid


Mix and cook Peanut Butter, sugar, liquid, and salt until soft ball (which means 240 degrees)

Take the pot off the fire.

Beat until almost cool.

Add butter, keep beating!

When the mixtures start to lose its shine, add vanilla.

Pour into a pan.

We'll see how well this recipeworks out. I have a good feeling (plus I tasted the mixture.)


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment