Wednesday, August 31

Back on the Road

For the past month I've been out on the road with Hippiefest, which is a 5 act bill consisting of Rick Derringer, Dave Mason and his Band, Gary Wright, Felix Cavaliere, and Mark Farner.   This is the longest  I've continuously worked EVER.  I'm having a great time.  The guys put on an amazing show, and the audience has been responsive to most of the performers.  Adjusting to life inside a tour bus all the time has been different, but not bad for the most part.

I've also been doing more work with the Preservation Hall Jazz Band and the Del McCoury band.  We ended up at several festivals this summer after our tour ended and we've been playing to some really large crowds.  Our next festival is going to be for Austin City Limits Music Festival, in Austin, Texas.  It's going to be epic.  We're headlining one of the smaller stages at the festival, so I'm a little worried about SPL, considering that we're an acoustic band, we'll be playing inside of a tent, and the crowd noise is said to be deafening.  In this case the production company is suggesting microphones that I've never used and have no experience with, small diaghram countryman mics.  I'm a little leary of using these, just because I haven't EVER, but think that I may try them out for this gig.

So, the house never got painted in July.  I wasn't home long enough, and I got distracted.  But, I haven't accepted any work in September, my father is coming down to help, and I'm seriously commited to painting the house this month.

See you down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment