Sunday, February 11

Purple, Green & Gold


It's carnival time down here in Baghdad of the South, which means that Chris is working like crazy. Last year on Ash Wednesday, Chris and I drove up to Northwest Arkansas to get away from the city. We stayed at Mt. Nebo which was my favorite park to visit when I was little. We are staying in a cabin like we did last year, yet this time there will be a wood burning fireplace not just a wood burning stove. I have also been informed, by the enthusiastic booking ranger I spoke to this morning, that this cabin has a spectacular view! I guess that means we won't be facing the nuclear power plant on the banks of the Arkansas River. Anyway, this is something we always like to do after Chris has worked his hardest and I've carnivaled myself out. Arkansas is so peaceful and beautiful. I can almost smell the fresh, crisp air!

No comments:

Post a Comment